An Abs Workout And Diet for Awesome Six-Pack Abs
It requires commitment, determination and tenacity to maintain your abs exercise routine. In a month, you’re able to pack lean muscles in your midriff, but the thing is, you also have to watch your diet. You basically can not have buff abs if you’re eating a bad diet. Define your abs with the right abs workout routine and the proper diet program. Here are some tips for your diet to pack muscles in your abs:
- If possible, avoid eating processed and refined foods.
- Eat every 3 hours so you can have 6 meals a day.
- Eat lean meats such as chicken and fish added with eggs. These are a portion of these protein foods as the base of your meals.
- Snack on avocado, nuts, olives, seeds and snap peas in between your meals.
- Add starchy carbs such as rye, oatmeal and sprouted bread in your breakfast meal and your second meal along with a piece of fruit.
- Excellent food choices for your lunch are brown rice, sweet or regular potato and quinoa.
- Add some veggies for supper (evening meal), but avoid eating starchy carbs and root veggies.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Eat anything you want every 10 days. That’ll be your cheat meal. You need a bit of dedication here because you’re building six-pack abs in 4 weeks.
- Take a post-workout shake immediately after your workout. You should eat 20-30 grams of protein and 40-50 grams of carbs. These provisions will stabilize your hormones to activate the regeneration of your muscle tissues. It will regulate your blood sugar levels as well.
Your 4 week Abs Workout Routine
These 6 exercises should be performed in three circuits at 4 days a week for 4 weeks. You can schedule your workout days like Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday (or Saturday). Walk uphill on your treadmill for 45 minutes in between your workout days. Make Sunday your rest day.
Do 45 minutes sessions of your workout each day. Whenever you have spare time after finishing the circuits, do uphill treadmill walking that totals a 45-minute slot. Tighten up on your rest periods and watch your technique instead of speed. Here is your 4-week abs workout routine:
- Overhead Bench Squats for 3-4 sets, 20-30 repetitions and 30 seconds of rest. On your 3rd and 4th weeks, make it 5-6 sets with 0-15 seconds rest. Set the bench to make it 1 inch lower.
- Prone Knee to Opposite Elbow for 3- 4 sets, 10-15 repetitions and 30 seconds rest. On weeks 3 and 4, make it 5-6 sets with 0 to 15 seconds of rest. Every 5th rep, do an additional push- up.
- Prone Knee to Outside Same Elbow for 3- 4 sets, 10-15 repetitions and 30 seconds rest. On your 3rd and 4th weeks, make it 5-6 sets with a maximum of 15 seconds rest. Do a push-up every 5th repetition.
- Push-ups for 3-4 sets, 15 repetitions and 30 seconds rest. On weeks 3 and 4, do less of box push-ups while doing more full push-ups.
- Swiss Ball Hamstring Curls for 3-4 sets, 10-15 repetitions and 30 seconds rest. On your 3rd and 4th weeks, increase to 5-6 sets and a maximum of 15 seconds rest. Use only 1 leg to bring the ball back to its starting position.
- Split Lunge / Overhead Press for 3-4 sets, 10-15 repetitions and 30 seconds rest. On weeks 3 to 4, before starting this exercise, press the dumbbells over your head. Following when you do the split lunge, the weights should be kept above your head while performing the whole movement.
Be tenacious and keep to your abs workout plan to get superbly defined six-pack abs.